After adding some references to external assemblies like to NLog or Munq I found out that on some projects Visual Studio 2010 had a tendency to drop the reference to some of these assemblies.
After the usual searching of Google and Stackoverflow I've put together a combination of different solutions that seems to solve this issue.
- Step 1: Expand your references and bring up the properties-window. Set Specific Version to True:
- Step 2: Right click on the project and click Untload Project:
- Step 3: Right click again on the project and click Edit ...csproject.
- Step 4: Add an XML-element with the name SpecificVersion with the value True beneath the reference in question:
- Step 5: Right click on the project and click Reload Project.
This works for me so far.